Okay, I know I’m REALLY behind on this challenge. I haven’t forgotten about it. I’ve been so wrapped up with recital hoopla & getting back on track. I hate how it takes over my life for about 10 days & then it takes me about 2 weeks afterward to get caught up & back on schedule.
Ugh. It’s going on my Murtaugh List.
So I had set a goal for $2500, right? To date, I’ve “saved” $1725.16, leaving a balance of $774.84.
I know what you’re thinking. “How the fuck did you save $1700 in 3 weeks?!” Well, that’s not quite accurate so let me clarify:
- First of all, I had multiple paydays fall together, including my last teaching check in addition to a larger paycheck this month than last month.
- This is a “5-Friday” month so that will be a factor as well.
- I also didn’t have a certain monthly bill anymore so that helped (yay!).
- I paid off the smaller of the two cards! YAY!!!
Those are the pros. Here are some future cons:
- Rent is going up next month, which is always annoying. It’s going up almost double the amount it went up last year so I’m not a fan. I know I’m getting to the point where a house would be better & cheaper. All in due time. I can’t think about all of that now without my anxiety shooting through the roof. Yay, mental illness! 😐
- Recital’s over & I’m not teaching over the summer. That check will be gone for a few months until the season starts back up (Sept-Oct).
- I had a lot of little things to pay for within the past 1-2 weeks. Haircuts, doctor appointments, vet appointments, random bills, etc. Just that time of year.
So, there’s a good chance I started off strong but that might be it for a while & that’s okay. I guess we’ll just see how it goes…
I’m choosing to be a badass with my finances! One step at a time, baby!