So I’m not really kicking off these last 3 weeks in a positive direction. I woke up at 0300 feeling dizzy & starting to sweat. Within 15 minutes, I was on the toilet with a trash can in my lap. Yep. One of those days. The good news is that I’m pretty sure it’s just food poisoning (wings, I think) so as soon as my body calms down & goes back to normal, everything should be fine.
I’m trying really hard to put everything (I mean, EVERYTHING) on hold & focus on completely resting so that I can heal faster. Easier said than done. I’m still sorta dealing with work (namely, my day job) when I know I shouldn’t be. I’m giving myself about 15 minutes to wrap up some loose ends & then I’m gonna move myself to the couch with a nice blanket. Maybe get some more tea. Should be lovely. 🙂
It’s funny to me that I’m negotiating with myself on how much work to get done before I can relax. 😉 Does anybody else do that?
Anyway, here’s my update:
- I’m down 6.6 lbs. Maybe more now (TMI joke). 😉 I have been pretty close to keto although today might be a “tea & *matzo” day so we’ll see how that goes. I’ve been thinking about my why a lot. I think that’s really helping.
- I’m back at yoga & feeling better. I realized my favorite part are the stretches at the end. I’m pushing myself through 50 minutes of slow, dynamic movements with killer isolations that make me want to scream to get to the last 10 minutes. Totally worth it. Does that make me a masochist? 😉
- I haven’t lifted weights. I didn’t want to start on Friday & then do nothing over the weekend because I know me. I’ll lose that momentum. Funnily enough, my plan was to go this morning. New plan – tomorrow at some point. I’m not sure when because it might be a crazy day getting caught up with work & life. But you know what? My health is worth it. I can carve out 30-45 minutes to become a badass.
- The affirmations have really helped. I’m starting to have a lot more confidence & hope in my future. I cannot recommend it enough.
- My sleep schedule has been weird the past 2-3 nights. Granted, last night as for illness but the night before I was awake until 0400. Why? Just because my mind wouldn’t shut off. I don’t feel that tired so I think I’m okay. I actually went to bed early (a hair after 2300) last night so I’m sure it’s nothing. I don’t plan on waking up at 0300 again so I’m not concerned about it. I’ll be back on track tonight.
- Generally, I’m still feeling pretty good. I told my friend DD about how I felt like a snail trying to cross the Grand Canyon. Am I even making a difference or making any progress? Sometimes it feels like my goals are drifting further & further away. Their response? “You’ll still make it across. It doesn’t matter how big your steps are as long as they’re in the right direction.” ❤
* “Oh, is matzo good for your stomach?” No clue. Probably not. 😛 But I still have a box & a half from Pesach & I’m all about frugality. 😉