So I’ve completed the first 10 days of my 100-day challenge. I think I’m through the roughest part. At least, that’s what I choose to believe. 😉 Some days have been easier than others, that’s for sure. I’m realizing the first 10 days just flew by for me & I’m hoping that’s true for the next 90. I’m taking it one day at a time. If I look at it from the perspective of, “Oh fuck. I have 90 days to go,” I’ll get overwhelmed & want to bail. So I’m choosing to only focus on the day at hand.
Having said that,
Here’s what I’ve applied so far:
- I’m on a restricted diet at the moment. Definitely not something you can live on for the long-term but it’s great to “flush your system” out & to get a clean start. By drinking water (or tea) & eating really clean, I can tell my daily energy & focus has gone up. I’m not at 100% yet but I’m not at 20% anymore either. 🙂 The brain fog is starting to lift. It took me 35 years but I’m done with a lot of shitty-ass foods. It doesn’t sit well & I feel terrible for hours afterward. Why bother, right? Since starting this, I dropped 7.4 lbs. Badass motherfucker, right here! *flexes*
- I’m giving myself permission to rest. When I’m tired, I go to bed. I work from home during the day which gives me the freedom to take a mini nap if I need it. Or, as I’ve been doing lately, just getting out of the house. Sometimes a change of scenery is all I need to help refresh my outlook on the day. So I’ll run to my mailbox or the bank or whatever. Five minutes into it & I’m feeling better already.
- Today, I noticed my shirt & jeans have some wiggle room. Yay! Little changes like these give me so much encouragement & endurance to push on. I don’t care if I’m the only one who notices. I’m doing this for me anyway. *brushes hair off shoulders*
- I’m walking away from “drama mamas.” You know the type. “Woe is me!” for every minor issue. I have friends who are dealing with some hardcore shit, like cancer in their immediate family. And you would never know it. They press on with life, believing the best outcome. I’m constantly amazed at their strength! I need strong people in my life. I don’t have time for wimpy, whiny assholes.
- I’ve been slacking on meditating but I am listening to “relaxing” instrumental music to help me throughout the day. So far, no panic attacks or really high anxiety so that’s good!
- I’m working on a new metarule: no work after dinner. There will always be more work to do & it can wait for another day. Since I teach dance at night, my rule here is to not work on anything additional (like choreography) at night. By allowing myself to walk away from it (which is even harder to do when you work at home), I’m giving myself a proper evening to wind down.
For the next 10 days, here’s what I’ll work on:
- Adding the gym to my schedule. I tried doing this earlier & it felt like it was too much. By switching my diet over, I honestly had no energy. I wanna go back to lifting weights. I love how empowering it is to be a woman in the “men’s section” & not squatting just the barbell. So yeah. I’ll be adding that back on.
- Upping my water. Again, this is probably due to my lack of energy at the time but I’m not taking in as many fluids as I should be (that’s what she said?).
- I’d like my jeans to be a little too big. They’ve gone from tight to breathing room in about a week. Is it too crazy to want them to go to the “I need a belt” stage? Whatever. We’ll see.
- Continue working on adjusting my sleep schedule. It’s slowly getting back to what it should be, what normal people do. 😉 Right now, I’m falling asleep around 0130. Better than 0200-0300, which is what it was as recent as a week ago. I was in this phase where I was sleeping by 2300 which would be awesome. I kinda miss that.
- Implement meditation again. There isn’t a mantra I chant; I literally just focus on my breathing. In through the nose & out through my lips. After 10 minutes, I feel so much better. I feel more in control & focused. I can’t recommend it enough.
- Schedule my mini spa day. I decided to use my tax refund (whenever that comes in) productively. I’m gonna schedule a massage & facial for myself. You know how it’s hard for me to properly treat myself. I feel like I don’t deserve it, I’m bothering them, & blah blah blah. So I think getting a little “me time” will do wonders for my mental health.
Alright, I think I’m ready to destroy these goals!